Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I AM DOING THIS!!

Well, the title says is. I am doing this! 

I passed my two exams (last Thursday and the week before). It's been very stressful to say the least. I've been attending every possible opportunity to get help. Something that is offered to students is called 'SIP-N'. It's a peer tutoring type session. Former graduates from our program who are working full time as RN's come in to try and help us understand what we are learning (or reinforce what we are learning). These sessions have been very helpful. They also have sample NCLEX questions to help us to 'think like a nurse'! It has become evident that the questions are getting harder each time.

I have also been blessed with another scholarship! This is the third scholarship I've been awarded! So very happy as this takes a bit of the burden off trying to figure out how to pay for school and bills, etc.

There are two exams left (one in each course) and I must do well on those. I would love to bring my average up but I'm striving to pass right now and the letter grade is not as important.

I've been working two days a week at the hospital. I really enjoy all that I'm getting to do there helping those who are trying to get back home following either strokes, joint replacements, brain or spinal injuries. It was nice to have the same patients several times as I would get to really see improvement in them. Had a really stressful night one shift and was very overwhelmed but thankfully the next day was much more manageable.

I will be back in a few weeks to update you on the end of the semester. I am very much looking forward to a break (even though it is only a few weeks), it is a very needed break.


1 comment:

  1. Glad you're so close to a break! You've more than earned one!
    Catch ya when you come back! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete