Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Merry Christmas 2017

 Merry Christmas
From Our Home
To Yours
What’s been going on. . .




Wow, once again two years for a newsletter.  That stinks, with todays technology and each year I say I’ll stay on top of this and work on it throughout the year so it won’t sneak up on me in December, but here it more than half way through the month and I’m just deciding I’ll send out a newsletter.  A lot has happened in the past two years so I’ll condense the best I can.

A few of the highlights from 2016 included both Aubre & Tyler graduated from Delaware Technical Community College. 


The Philadelphia 3Day for the Cure was held early October and once again I was on the medical team while Dale helped with the food service team.  We continue to devote our time and passion to this amazing cause.

So now to review 2017 and praying it was a good one for each of you.  We’ve lost loved ones and gained new family members this year.

In January, Dale-Ross married Samantha in a quiet courthouse ceremony where Aubre was a witness.


I started my dream job the end of 2016 and completed orientation early 2017. I then started working straight midnights.  This was a bit of a challenge to tackle to try and get some ‘real’ sleep. 

In March, I traveled to North Carolina for a women’s conference with the ‘Biker Babes’ group from Freedom Biker Church that Dale and I attend.  What a blessing of a weekend it was.




During the spring, we noticed that Jade, our bulldog was rapidly going downhill.  We watched as she developed a doggie version of dementia.  She was quickly losing weight and got to the point she could no longer get up.  Very sadly, we helped her cross the Rainbow Bridge in May.



May was a very busy month!  Early in May, Dale & Sam had a reveal party for the new baby who would be joining our family.  We waited in anticipation as they cut into the cake to see if it was pink or blue!  Bella wanted pink as did Cullen (he didn’t want to share his toys)!



Aubre started her dream job with CCHS (the same hospital I work for) in the Emergency Department.  She absolute LOVES her job and what she is doing!

Later in May, Dale and I journeyed to Seattle for another Alaskan Cruise on the Disney Wonder.  We were able to meet up with my friend Lynn and her family again.  Then took the Amtrak to Vancouver where we boarded the Wonder.  We met some great new friends, whom we are looking forward to cruising again with.



The main photo at the top of the newsletter was taken in Endicott Arms as we cruised real close to that beautiful glacier. This photo is also on deck that day, wrapped in the amazing blanket one of our new friends made for me!

In June, Dale’s father was diagnosed with esophageal cancer. He was given a glim prognosis so we made the best of making memories. He was hoping to live until the future great grandchild would be born.

In July, I bought a brand-new car! I had loved my Saturn but since they no longer made them I did my research and finally decided on a Toyota Rav4! I love my new car!

The Philadelphia 3-Day for the Cure moved to August. As someone on the medical crew this was a nightmare. The heat and humidity were not a good factor for walking 60 miles. Thankfully, the weather was beyond perfect and our walkers did well.

September 3rd, Dale & I celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary with a baby shower for Sam & Dale-Ross.

Early in October, Dale, Aubre and I traveled to Disney to celebrate Dale’s birthday! What a great, but too short trip.



On our last day in Disney we got the call that Sam was in labor & Dale’s dad had taken for the worse. We traveled home that day, hoping and praying to make it home for everyone.




We welcomed McKenzie Rose at 3am on Sunday, October 8th. She joined the world with some complications and spent a week in the NICU. 

On October 10th, we said goodbye to Dale’s Dad.  He met his goal, heard his great granddaughter had been born and then new it was ok to go.  He was no longer in pain and we share our faith knowing we will see him again when we get to heaven.

So, this year, we have joy and sorry, but live knowing that the Lord is in control.

We wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas. 

Love,
Patty & Dale
Aubre & Tyler

pjstev222@yahoo.com
302-229-9519








No comments:

Post a Comment