Friday, December 19, 2014

I'M A GRADUATE NURSE!!!!

I can't believe I can type that!!! This journey has been a very emotional one, with many physical, financial and family hurdles to get through. I am finally letting it settle in. I am so glad I have a faith that allowed me to understand that the bump in the road was not the end of the road and that my faith kept me strong. Granted I cried a lot last weekend, every time someone would ask me how I was doing, I'd start to cry. I really was 'ok' with the fact that I had not passed the course, but it still hurt. I went to school on Monday, purely for the fact of finding out what I did wrong so I could do better when I repeated the course next month. I never EVER dreamed the outcome would be what it was! I am glad that this error occurred. It reminded me that I need to lean on Him who has helped me through this journey.

On Wednesday, we completed our 'exit' exam for the nursing program. It is supposed to be a predictive of how you would do on the NCLEX. I left knowing I had some work to do but was pleased with the score I had obtained since I didn't even know I was taking the exam two days prior to it. This morning we had a predictive exam for a prep course my school is offering to us. The purpose of this exam was so they would know how to gear what to go over for us. This exam gave you a percentage rate that they predict you'll pass the NCLEX the first time you take it. I was shocked when my exam revealed 94% chance of passing the first time I take it. I am going to take two prep courses and will register for the NCLEX following those courses.

Yesterday was our graduate luncheon. It was a relaxed afternoon to spend with our classmates and enjoy some food and cake. We then had our practice for our Pinning Ceremony. We had to come back in just a few hours all dressed up for the REAL THING!

I had been chosen as one of the two student speakers for the ceremony. I was honored to have Dale, Aubre & Tyler; my parents and sister and some very special friends who have shared in this journey with me, supporting me with prayers, supportive words and a listening ear; attend the ceremony to support me.

I was a nervous wreck when it was my turn to speak but thankfully, once I got going, I was fine. It's just opening my mouth to get the words to come out at first, LOL. I reviewed the past two years as evening clinical students and some of the things we learned and the instructors who helped shape us into the nurses we are! It was an amazing night!

Here are a few photos from the past couple days!!!

Graduate Nurses

Giving my speech

Just Pinned




1 comment:

  1. Sitting here with the biggest smile on my face! There just aren't words for how happy I am for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS MY DEAR FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete