Monday, December 15, 2014

THANK YOU JESUS!!!

Well, this has been a whirlwind! I posted Thursday afternoon after getting the devastating news about my exam. I had an outpouring of friends and loved ones who showered me with support and love. On Friday, I cancelled the Kaplan Prep Course I was going to start tonight to prepare for the NCLEX. I registered for next semester, unhappy I couldn't get the time slot I wanted, but had to move forward. I shared my sad news with my co-workers who all reinforced to me that this was just a bump in the road and I was still going to be a nurse, just not as soon as I was originally planning. Thankfully my faith kept my head on straight and I started to plan some family time (something that has been neglected for far too long). Dale & I signed up to help with a dog transport on Saturday evening (which they ended up not needing us for) so we took a ride, enjoyed a dinner and drove around looking at Christmas lights. Sunday after work, we started to put up our tree, getting lights only on the bottom before deciding to go see a movie. LOVE having time to just do something for us!

This morning I met with my instructor to review my exam. Typically we have a scheduled test review after each exam but being the last one of the semester there was not one. In reviewing my exam and the answers and belittling myself for selecting the wrong answer when I knew the right one (test anxiety is a KILLER) it was revealed that one of the MANY 'select all that apply' questions my answer matched the correct answer yet it was marked as wrong. My instructor had to meet with another instructor with the test key to review this. Then she returned to tell me that she would have to investigate this and would contact me very soon, asking for my phone number.

I left the school, texting Dale that I had this one question right and that I MIGHT have passed.  He got all excited, but I said NO, I can't get my hopes up to only find out I failed by an even closer margin.  So I waited for the call. A very short time later, my instructor called and said that that question was correct and so by a very TINY margin, I PASSED NURSING SCHOOL!!!!  I cried so hard, I think almost as hard as I did when I received the news that I had failed on Thursday.

So, this Thursday, at 6pm, at Delaware Technical Community College - Stanton Campus is my Pinning Ceremony. If you are local, I would love to share this accomplishment with you. If you have any questions, please call or text me.


3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you!!! I had been thinking about you all weekend! You are going to be a fabulous nurse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jumping up and down doing the happy dance here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you! Now sign back up for that test prep class again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still doing a happy dance for you! There'd better be lots of photos from Thursday's pinning ceremony!

    ReplyDelete