Sunday, December 7, 2014

THIS IS IT!!!!

Last week, as I put on my hunter green and white scrubs and ugly white nurses shoes (which are falling apart), I thought, I can't believe it! It's done! Clinical was OVER! The clinical portion (hands on) part of the program is where we actually get to treat patients. It was the time where you really felt like a nurse (at times). This semester also gave us an opportunity to be 'manager' of part of our team. I didn't think I'd enjoy that part, but I did. I enjoyed being able to help each member of my team as they needed it (since I didn't have a patient assignment myself that week). I reluctantly washed and hung those white and green scrubs until I know for sure I am done! I hope to never have to put them on again. As for those white shoes, they are falling apart and so ready for the trash!

Well, this is the final week of nursing school! Two exams this week. Always the roughest week of the semester. This time last year we got hit with a major snowstorm.  Monday, we got eight inches of snow, resulting in the cancellation of school the next day which would be the first of the two final exams. This was the most dreaded thing. We then had to take one exam on Wednesday and the final exam on Thursday. Just NOT optimal situation when you are stressed about passing the exam.

I have one exam on Tuesday, which I'm doing ok in that course, so, hopefully, I won't have any issues.  The harder of the two will be on Thursday. I hate that I will be on pins and needles until grades are posted on Thursday afternoon, but that is how it is in nursing school. 

As my countdown on my phone alerted me (like I needed a reminder), there are just a few days left in this semester!


When I shared this photo with Dale he commented that it seems like I just started. Another friend said it's been the longest but fastest two years!!! Only a nursing student would truly understand this.

So, now it is time to finish the final lecture and do many hours of readings. Please pray for me (and my friends) to get through this week successfully and onto the next hurdle (NCLEX)! I'll be sure to update later this week!

If you are one of my local friends or family, I'd like to take this chance to invite you to my Pinning Ceremony. It will be Thursday, December 18th at 6pm at the Stanton Campus of DelTech. If you need more info or would like to attend, please let me know. It is probably the most important event of a nursing students journey. Graduation is a formality and will not happen until May, so this is what we really look forward to.


4 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I could be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praying so that all goes well this week and that you're spend the next weekend partying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn, Thank you for your support through all of this! I too wish you were closer!

      Delete
  2. I am so so so proud of you and all the hard work that this adventure has been. You have shown so much perseverance, dedication, compassion. I never doubted for a minute that you would not make this journey with flying colors! I would love to be at your pinning ceremony. Please let me know the details. Love you, friend! Lois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lois! It's been a long road! I cannot wait for some down time to get together! Miss you my friend.

      Delete